Visiting Students | Rutgers University

Visiting Student Registration Form

Non-Rutgers visiting students must complete and submit the Visiting Student Registration Form to initiate the process that will grant a visiting student access to the Rutgers registration system (WebReg).  To access the form, please visit the Summer & Winter Sessions Application Portal.  New users must complete a short sign-up form to create an account by clicking the "Get Started" button.  Once your account is created, please complete and submit the Summer Session 2024 Visiting Student Registration Form. In 4-10 business days, students will receive an email with registration instructions. Notifications will go to the email provided when creating your account. Transcripts or letters of approval are not required. 

The Visiting Student Registration Form for Summer Session 2024 Opens on February 5, 2024.  Visiting students must submit the Visiting Registration Form by the deadlines below:


Students immunization requirements:

Visit the myRun website for more up to date information. If you have any questions contact the RU-N Student Health Office.

Late Registration 

Registration after the start of classes requires the completion and submission of the Late Registration Form and approval from an instructor, Chair, or Dean.  To access the Late Registration Form visit the Summer & Winter Session's Application Portal.  The Office of Summer & Winter Sessions will request the instructor, Chair, or Dean's approval on your behalf.  Late registration request decisions will be communicated to students via the application portal message center.  If approved students must pay their term bill immediately.

Late Registration Forms will not be accepted from non-Rutgers (visiting students) that did not complete the Visiting Student Registration Form by the deadlines posted above.   

Transferring Credits 

All students visiting from another institution should consult with their home school or university prior to registering for a course to confirm that credits are transferable.

Enrolling in a Summer Session course does not guarantee that you may take Fall or Spring semester courses as a non-matriculating student, nor does enrollment in Summer Session constitute admission to Rutgers University. To apply for a degree program at Rutgers, please contact the Office of Admissions, 973-353-5205.

Undergraduate and Graduate Courses

Non-RU students registering for graduate courses must obtain the approval of the graduate director of the department offering the course before registration. The law school also offers courses that are open to non-JD undergraduate, graduate and other visiting students, such as Introduction to American Law (taught in Korean) and Sneaker Law. Students interested in these or other non-JD courses offered by the law school should contact the Rutgers Law School.  Students interested in Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences should contact the RBHS Registrar, and students interested in MBA courses should contact the Rutgers Business School.

Non-RU students interested in taking undergraduate courses offered through the Rutgers Business School should contact the Office of Undergraduate Student & Academic Services.

Official Audit

A Non-RU student may audit a course by entering an "N" in the "Credit Hour Prefix" column on the registration form. The student is expected to complete all the course work, except the final exam, and will be graded "S" or "U". The course and grade appear on the student's transcript. Students opting for audit registration must choose this option prior to the beginning of the course and may not change audit status once the course has begun. This option is available to Non-RU students only, and those students are still required to pay the regular tuition and student fees.

Back to Top
Back to Top