I’m a RBHS student, how do I register for Summer Sessions?

Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) students interested in attending Rutgers University-Newark Summer Session must contact their home school Registrar for registration, payment, and financial aid information.

Can I attend Summer Session at Rutgers University-Newark?

Currently enrolled students or visiting students can attend Summer Session.  If you are a visiting student you must first submit the Registration Inquiry Form.  Enrolled students can register via WebReg.

If I am not a Rutgers University student, do I need to supply transcripts or test scores to attend Summer Session?

No, transcripts or test scores are not required.

Can I use the Rutgers Online Web Registration System (WebReg) if I’m a visiting student?

Yes, if you are a visiting student (non-Rutgers) and attended Summer Session 2017 or Winter Session 2018 you may register using WebReg.  If you are a first time visiting student (non-Rutgers) you must first submit the Registration Inquiry Form, once it is processed you will receive registration instructions and information on how you may access WebReg.

How do I obtain my Rutgers University Identification (RUID) number?

If you attended as a visiting (non-Rutgers) student during the summer 2017 term or winter 2018 visit Rutgers ID Query and enter your Social Security number or NetID to obtain your RUID number.  If you are a first-time non-Rutgers visiting student an RUID will be emailed to you after your Registration Inquiry Form has been processed. If you are a current Rutgers student visit My Rutgers, and enter your NetID in order to obtain your RUID number.

How can I check my schedule after I have registered?

You can log onto WebReg to check your schedule.

Why have I not received a term bill in the mail?

Rutgers University went paperless Spring 2009.  Students can access their term bills online at http://www.studentabc.rutgers.edu/. Students may come in person to the Cashiers office, 249 University Ave., Blumenthal Hall, 3rd floor, or pay online by credit card or echeck.  Please reference the Registration calendar for payment deadlines.

I am a student at another college, are there special arrangements I should make to attend in the summer?

Prior to registration, it is the responsibility of the student to confirm the transferability of the specific Rutgers University credits with the appropriate official of their home college or university, or to the college or university for which they intend to apply.  Rutgers University is not responsible for the number or nature of credit(s) allowed by another institution for any courses taken during Summer Session. Brief course descriptions are available on the Summer Session website.  If more detailed course information is required by your home institution, please contact the appropriate Rutgers academic department. You can find department contact information at http://search.rutgers.edu/.

How can I request a copy of my transcript?

Transcript request information is available here.  Please contact the Office of the Registrar if you have additional questions.

I am a Rutgers student at Camden/New Brunswick, will the credits for classes I take in Newark transfer to my campus?

Please contact the Dean or the Director of your program in order to determine whether the credits are transferable.

Can high school students take summer courses at Rutgers University-Newark?

Yes, high school students are encouraged to take Summer Session courses through our Summer Edge program. High school students completing 9th, 10th, or 11th grade by June 2018 may attend the program.  Please create an account with the Office of Summer & Winter Sessions Application Portal. Once an account is created, a list of applications will become available. Complete and submit the High School Student Application. Please upload a copy of your high school transcript and/or a letter of recommendation. Registration for Summer Session 2018 begins February 12.

Are visiting (non-Rutgers) students required to pay the summer session student fee?

Yes. All students attending Rutgers University Summer Sessions are required to pay the student fee.

Do I need a Rutgers ID card?

Obtaining a Rutgers ID card is optional. Any student who has registered and paid for their summer term are eligible for a student RU ID card.  After you activate your NetID and Rutgers email account, go to http://iam-ipo.rutgers.edu/photosub.php to submit a photo you would like included on your RU ID card. The photo will be reviewed and you will be notified via email. The photo submission process must be completed at least 24 hours before the RU ID card will be available for pick up at Photo ID Services, Blumenthal Hall - 3rd Floor.  A Rutgers ID is required for access to the computer labs, Golden Dome gym, Dana Library, and other facilities.  

How do I get a NetID and access to ScarletApps?

All Summer Session students are required to have access to Rutgers e-mail and a Rutgers University NetID.  Once you have paid your term bill please wait 24 hours to activate. To activate your NetID:   https://netid.rutgers.edu/index.htm. To activate your ScarletApps Service (Google Apps for Education):   http://scarletmail.rutgers.edu/index.php.  

How many credits can I register for during summer session?

Students are permitted to take up to 14 credits during the summer session. To request an academic credit overload (permission to take 15 credits or more in the summer) students must seek permission from the appropriate administrator or department. Visiting (non-Rutgers) students must submit a request for an academic credit overload to the Office of Summer & Winter Sessions. Rutgers students must submit a request to a representative in their home school. For RBS and NCAS students, contact your academic advisor; School of Public Affairs & Administration can contact Dean Stroye, shockada@newark.rutgers.edu; and Criminal Justice students can contact Dean Thomas, luwanda@scj.rutgers.edu.

Can I audit a course?

Only visiting (non-Rutgers) students may audit a course. You will be expected to do all the course work, except the final exam, and will be assigned a grade of "S" or "U."  The course and grade will appear on your transcript.  Students opting for audit registration must do so at the time of registration and pay the regular tuition and fees.

How do I withdraw from a course?

Prior to the start of a session you may withdraw in person by submitting a Change of Course Form at the Office of the Registrar, 249 University Avenue, Blumenthal Hall, 3rd Floor or you may withdraw via WebReg.  After the start of the session, all withdrawals for that session must be done in person at the Office of the Registrar.  Withdrawals must be processed by the deadlines posted in the Summer Session Registration Calendar.

I didn’t drop my class and never attended, am I still responsible for tuition payment?

You are still responsible for all tuition and fees unless you officially drop (prior to start of session).  You must drop any courses you do not wish to take before the first day of the session to avoid any penalties or tuition bill payment.

Can I get a refund if I withdraw from a course?

Tuition refunds are made only when a student withdraws from their course(s) during the designated refund periods. The periods are listed for each session in the Summer Session Registration Calendar. In order to receive a full refund of tuition and fees, a student must cancel his/her registration prior to the first day of class.

If I drop a class, will a “W” appear on my transcript?

Yes. To avoid receiving a "W" grade on your transcript you must withdraw from the course prior to the first day of the session the course is being offered in.

May I change courses once a session begins?

Yes. There is a change of course period the first week of each session. You may only change courses within the same session. Please see the Summer Session Registration Calendar for specific dates. All add/drops must be done in person.

How do I get my grades at the end of the session?

Once your instructor(s) has submitted your grade(s) to the Office of the Registrar you will be able to access them at, https://www.acs.rutgers.edu/grades* (a NetID is necessary to access this system, to create a NetID please visit Rutgers ID Query) or by contacting the Office of the Registrar.

How do I arrange for housing?

Any Rutgers or visiting students can apply for and be assigned summer housing as long as they register for at least one summer session course. Housing applications become available in late March/early April. Applications are submitted to and reviewed by Housing & Residence Life. All questions concerning summer housing should be directed to the Office of Housing & Residence Life, 973-353-1037.

Are recreational facilities available?

All students enrolled in Summer Session may use the Rutgers University-Newark swimming pool, tennis, racquetball, and basketball courts, and outdoor track. For more information regarding hours and access, contact the Golden Dome Athletic Center, 973-353-5474.

If I am an international student seeking information, which office should I contact?

Students should contact the Office of International Student & Scholar Services located in Conklin Hall, Room 120, 973-353-1427.

May I bring a car onto campus?

Yes. For more information please visit Commuter Transit & Parking Services. Please note that 24-hour parking is only available in parking Deck I, if your course meets past 9:30pm you should arrange to park here since other parking lots close at 9:30pm.

Does Rutgers University-Newark have facilities for the physically challenged?

We have reserved parking, ramps, photoelectric doors, and special rest room facilities. For more information call, 973-353-5300.

Is there anything else I need to know?

This website provides essential information. Students are responsible for keeping informed of current policies, procedures, and changes included here and in the official notices that are announced or posted. Additional information on Rutgers University's policies, procedures and programs may be found in the appropriate catalog.


BlackBoard | E-College | myRUN | Contact Us | my.rutgers.edu | Canvas | RU-N 4 Success | Schedule Of Classes

Office Of Summer & Winter Sessions | 249 University Avenue Room 208 | Newark, NJ 07102